Join us for a Spooktacular afternoon of SUP to celebrate Halloween at Cwm Lower Lleidi Reservoir, Llanelli on Sunday 31st October at 13:00 (1pm)!
During our spooky afternoon/evening on the water, the team will be running a social gathering for the SUP Wales community as well as encouraging fancy dress for the attendees. There will be prizes for the best-dressed individuals :)
SUP Wales is delighted to have the support of the RNLI who will be on site during the event to help promote water safety including covering important topics such as swells, tides, water environments, kit choices, and safety equipment. The event will be such an exciting opportunity for any paddleboard enthusiasts to learn and gain new knowledge specific to SUP Safety.
What's more, you should be able to pick up a free waterproof mobile phone pouch courtesy of the RNLI/Coastguard Rescue Team to help keep your digital devices dry to use in an emergency.
We're also SUPer Stoked to have the support of South Wales Water Safety who will be on the water making sure everyone is safe to have fun.
This is one event not to be missed, and we look to seeing the Spooky Costumes and sharing the Spooky Vibes with you all soon!
The event will kick off at 13:00 on Sunday 31st October 2021 where you'll also have an opportunity to meet like-minded paddlers to share stories, laugh, and have fun!
We will also be judging the best-dressed costumes with prizes for the spookiest SUP winners (SUP prizes to be announced). At 15:00 we will hold a fun race where all the family and friends can join in, this is a day for the community, so no competition, the event will draw to a close by 16:30.
For SUP Wales Members it's only £3pp per ticket for which 85% is paid directly to Llanelli Rural Council for reuse back into the recreational facility. For non-member adults, it's £10pp and just £4 for children under the age of 16 to cover insurance. For full booking details and tickets please click here.
On the other hand, you might want to consider our Gold Membership which only equates to the cost of a small cup of coffee per month (£28 per year). Opting for membership should save you money in the long run should you wish to come along to more of our planned SUP events. Also, out of each membership fee, we will be donating 2% to the marvelous RNLI as we appreciate what they do by keeping the paddle community safe and saving lives.
Event Venue is Cwm Lliedi Lower Reservoir, Swiss Valley, Llanelli, SA14 8EX - 1pm
- Buoyancy - Both a buoyancy aid and ankle. calf or quick release belt must be worn at all times while on the water.
- Clothing - Appropriate Footwear and Attire is required while on the water ie. a wetsuit (old trainers are fine). Your spooky costumes can be worn over these :)
- Insurance - Within the event ticket we allocate a proportion of the cost to cover you with public liability and personal accident cover to keep you paddling responsibly.
- Every adult participant classified over the age of 16 must show their NHS COVID Passport upon entry to the event in line with Welsh Government Guidance. If this is not possible, you can also show a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) in form of a photo taken on the morning of the event.
- If between the ages of 11-16 years all water participants must take an LFT the night before or the morning of the event (31st) and return a negative LFT result with the photo evidence shown upon entry to the event.
- For all under 11's do not require to test, however, if the child is generally unwell with a persistent cough, high temperature, or runny nose then please don't bring them, and keep them warm at home.
- SUP Wales reserve the right to cancel/reschedule the event at short notice due to adverse weather conditions. If this happens all participants will be offered a full refund or transfer to the next event.
Should you require rental equipment for the event SUP Wales can support you here too, just simply let us know what you need and we'll do our best to help.
Non Participant or Support
Should you just wish to come down dressed up, see what's going on within the the community, and not get wet, that's cool too - however, all we ask is that you adhere to our COVID event rules to keep everyone safe!
Should you have any questions about the event, or wish to be involved please feel free to contact the team on 01792 360891!